Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Getting Close

Today it really sunk in how close I am to having Jacob. Instead of the usual "Your still up high and closed" I was told that my wall was softening and I am showing signs my body is getting ready.

They did an ultrasound and Jacob's measurements show him to weigh about 5 pounds which is great. I am 33 and a half weeks pregnant but he has consistantly been measuring a week ahead. We want him to be as big as possible so thats good news.

Jacob is also already in position, head down. He is what they call "Sunny Side Up" so its good I am having a csection because labor tends to be harder and more painful when they are facing that way.

So Jacob is in position, I am starting to show signs that my body is getting ready. YIKES, its coming quick.

The only thing that I was not happy about was that the urine culture showed that I may have a urinary tract infection. I havent felt like I do but they want me on an antibiotic just in case. I hate being on ANY medication but I guess its better safe than sorry.

I am also nervous that I am showing signs of being ready and am so far from the hospital. They did not seem concerned and said it was normal for as far along as I am. Its just hard knowing I am 8 hours from where I need to be to have this baby. I am supposed to go on 2/27 to relocate, I will breath so much easier once closer to the hospital. Until then I plan on keeping my feet up as much as possible and doing NOTHING. They think they will do the csection at 37 weeks so I don't go into labor on my own. Aidan came at 37 and a half weeks, he always measured a week ahead as well. I will know for sure after my appt. with the OB staff in Philly on March 5th.

Jacob might be here in less than 4 weeks! I love you Jacob, continue to get big and strong!!!

Thank you for the continued prayers and support, I can not express in words how much it means to our family to have so many people praying for our little boy!


2 comments:

  1. Just keep that FAITH in your heart. GOD is in control.

    If you have still time, pls. visit biloi.blogspot.com. I created this blog for my son to serve as inspiration to parents having child with heart ailment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, please know that you have an army of Prayer Worriers praying for you and your family. I have put you and sweet, strong baby Jacob on several prayer chains, and will continue to encourage friends to pray. I told your Mom, I have room for one more car seat so I can care for Aiden anytime you need me to. Much love, Nicole

    ReplyDelete