Sunday, August 7, 2011

Home, Sweet, Home...

We are home! We got home last Monday (Sorry it has taken me this long to post!). I have been unpacking and getting shirt orders together for Team Jacob. I will write a longer post updating everyone on Team Jacob later but tonight I just wanted to tell you how happy we are to be home. No one is happier to be home than Jacob!

Since getting out of the hospital, Jacob has been so excited. He has had a smile on his face non stop. Even at the hotel he would just run around and play. When we got back to our house he kept saying "yay" and would clap his hands over and over. He would wake up from his nap and start clapping. He is just so happy to be here. We all are!

Overall I think the trip to Philadelphia went as well as we could have expected. His heart looks great (for him). This made me let out a big sigh of relief. We will go see his cardiologist on Wednesday of this week. I should find out the results of his GI reflux test in about a week and then we can discuss when his surgery will be. It will most likely be in September or October. We would be very grateful if you would continue to keep our brave heart warrior in your prayers. We are praying that they won't need to do the COMPLETE airway construction. He is a fighter and we are just taking it one day at a time.

Thank you again for all of the support and well wishes! A Special thank you to our neighbor Mrs. Beckett. We are so grateful to you for all of your prayers and support. And a Special thank you to my Mom and Mimi for coming to Philadelphia with me to help with the boys. I don't know what I would do without you guys. I am so blessed to have such amazing friends and family. I love you all!

VIDEO: Happy to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment