Saturday, July 17, 2010

Join Team Jacob!

Support a great cause and have fun while doing it!

The American Heart Association will be having the Start! Heart Walk on Saturday, September 18th beginning at 8am. I have started a team to help raise funds for this great cause. Of course I called our team "Team Jacob".

I know many of you are thinking that I am crazy for doing this with surgery only 2 weeks away and everything on my plate. Those of you who know me also know that I thrive on staying busy and it is actually a great distraction. Jacob's surgery is coming up very quickly. I of course am full of anxiety about that. This walk gives me a positive distraction. There is nothing I can do about Jacob's surgery. He has to have it. It is going to kill me to hand him over but I will be strong for him. By participating in this heart walk I am also fighting for him. I can't tell you how good it feels when I can help raise awareness and support heart disease. It is my passion and I feel like I am Jacob's voice. It gives me an opportunity to share our story and show why it is so important to raise money to help fund research. So yes I do have a lot on my plate but I chose to do something positive instead of dwelling on the my fear.

The walk is not until September. I am praying we are home by then but if for some reason we are not then it would be great to have people there supporting team Jacob. I at least want to be able to raise money for a great cause. If we are home and Jacob's doctors give us the ok I would love to decorate his stroller and walk him in the walk. I want Jacob to be proud of who he is and I am very excited to show my support for him and all of the other amazing kids who are fighting this battle.

I NEED YOUR HELP

To join my team, click on the link below and you will be taken to my web page. On my web page, click My Team Page and Join our Team to register online! You can use the online fund-raising tool to email your friends, family and colleagues to ask them to support our team and our cause! The more people we have working to defeat heart disease and stroke-the better, so please join team Jacob!

If you are interested in the walk and want more details feel free to email me at thebakertrio@gmail.com or Follow This Link to join Team Jacob.

Extra incentive
I will be designing t-shirts for everyone on my team who will be walking on September 18th. You know you want to sport one!

DONATIONS
If you don't want to join the team but would like to make a donation in Jacob's name you may do so by clicking on the banner at the top of this blog.

Thank you everyone for all of the support. Jacob has already made such a difference and with your help we can do even more!

No comments:

Post a Comment