Saturday, November 13, 2010

Tis the season!


Ok so I know that many of you are going to want to yell at me but we decorated for Christmas. We usually wait until Thanksgiving but its been a long year and I thought we should start the celebration early!

Every year we get a real tree. We hike up the hill, cut it down and bring it home. It's really a fun tradition but we changed it up a bit this year. Honestly the thought of cleaning up pine needles and having yet another thing to take care of was not appealing to me this year. So I went out and got an artificial tree. I was not sure if I would like it but I am happy to say I love it!

The best part was that Aidan got to help me put it together. He was so excited, I have never seen him more excited. He organized the pieces into piles and handed them to me quicker than I could put them up. He could not wait to show daddy all of his hard work when he got home from working. We waited until daddy got home to do the lights and ornaments. We had such a good time.

Jake was asleep while Aidan and I "built" the tree but he woke up after the lights were on. His face was priceless. He looked at the lights and started laughing and kicking. His mouth opened up and he grinned from ear to ear. Both boys were so happy.

So I know it was early but you know what after the year we have had we deserved some Christmas joy and the smiles on the boys faces were priceless!

Merry Christmas!


I love how these look like boxing gloves with hearts.
Perfect for my little fighter.


Here are some more cute pictures I took of the boys rocking out!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my fellow Christmas fanatic...I couldn't agree with you more. You know I've had the Christmas tunes going since 11/1 and we're talking about putting up the TREES today and tomorrow. So glad that you and the boys were able to bond together and start celebrating this very first Christmas as a family of four!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to see that you are celebrating early for Christmas like you said, your family really deserves it! What an amazing way to spend the holidays with your 2 beautiful boys! What a blessing! I love the pics

    ReplyDelete