Monday, April 19, 2010

Blissful night with Jacob


I spent the night at the hospital again last night. The past few days in the CCU have been so great for Jacob and I to bond. I try to keep him out of that hospital bed so we try to act like we would if we were home. I walk him, put him in the bouncer, play with him. Last night we spent the evening cuddled up on the couch watching the country music awards.

He stared at me for over two hours as if he was studying my face. When he gets upset I hold him and he calms down almost immediately. It really warms my heart. Can't wait until we are wire free but for now this is our normal.

Looks like surgery will be tomorrow or Wednesday. I will update everyone when I know something. Until then I will be hanging out with my boy in the hospital. Oh and Jake is off of the oxygen again. His SATs have been good so far so keep your fingers crossed.

We miss Andy and Aidan terribly and can't wait until we are all home together. Please pray for Jacob to recover quickly from this surgery so that we can go home.

Thank you everyone for all of the amazing love and support you have shown us. It means more than I can ever express in words!

1 comment:

  1. Praying for all of you. I will be sure to say extra special prayers for Jacob tomorrow as he goes through his surgery.

    ReplyDelete