Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Off the vent and doing great!

First of all, thank you everyone for all of the support. I am constantly amazed by the amount of people praying for baby Jacob.

After talking with my OB here we concluded my problems are probably from all of the stress. My stomach has just been in knots. A normal birth is hard enough with hormones and all. I had a c-section, tubal, no time too recover and a baby in critical condition and I am pumping milk every few hours. I think my body just had enough. She said it doesn't sound viral at all and that I NEED to see my baby. I couldn't agree more.

So... I spent all day with my baby boy. Andy and Aidan had to leave today. It was so hard to see them go but I am just focused on getting Jacob well so we can all be together again under one roof. After seeing them off I went to the hospital and Jacob looked so great!

Big News... He was off the vent! He has CPAP which is just oxygen that is just at the tip of his nose. This will help him until he is fully ready to do it on his own. He also had his RA lines (Central lines that go to the heart) taken out because he is of ALL HEART MEDS! He is now just on Heperin (Aspirin), and occasionaly on Lasix for fluid. He is still getting some nutritional fluid through IV. His feeds were up to 13cc's an hour but they stopped them for now until they are sure he won't need the vent put back in.

Here is my cutie pie off the vent!


If he can stay off of the vent I may even be able to start holding him again tomorrow! Jacob continues to constantly amaze me with his strength and resilience. I am such a proud mommy. And I can't leave Aidan out, I am so proud of him. He has been such a great big brother. Yesterday he sang "You are my sunshine" to Jacob about 10 times before he said good-bye. He loves his little brother already. He doesn't even notice or ask about the wires/machines. I am in awe of my children.

Praying Jacob can stay off of the vent.

We love you Jacob and are so so proud of you!
Love,
Mommy, Daddy, and your big brother Aidan

1 comment:

  1. This is great news. My wife and I will welcome our baby to the world this summer. We will also be delivering at CHOP and your posts have been very inspirational.
    I will be praying for Jacob.

    ReplyDelete